Lukaku confesses I wasn't happy in the Premier League... and I wanted to return to my home

 


Belgian striker Romelu Lukaku, who plays for Inter Milan, has revealed for the first time the reason behind his return to Italy and departure from the English Premier League.

Lukaku returned to Inter Milan on loan from Chelsea in the summer of 2022 for a one-season deal.

In an interview with La Gazzetta dello Sport, Lukaku said, "I wasn't happy there (in England). I wanted something new. I felt like I was missing something, so I left. My mind was somewhere else.

I felt like I couldn't develop myself."

He added, "That's why I left the Premier League and England because I wasn't happy anymore.

Then I thought, 'Where am I going now? Italy.

Inter is my home, and my family is doing well here.'"

Lukaku continued, In my first year, we didn't win anything with Inter, and that made me feel uncomfortable. But you can't just stand still.

You have to push forward and see what you can do.

And then we became champions.

Inter Milan won the Italian Serie A title in the 2020-2021 season under the guidance of Antonio Conte.

Inter also clinched the Coppa Italia championship on Wednesday after defeating Fiorentina 2-1.

Inter Milan has qualified for the UEFA Champions League final to face Manchester City in the match scheduled for June 10th.

Read also:

Mortada: We support Osorio... We don't have the purest of the pure... and we didn't negotiate with Mosimane
Barcelona's last five European title-winning quintet perplexed in the transfer market
He has an exceptional advantage... Enrique is close to coaching Paris Saint-Germain
Six candidates to succeed Allegri at Juventus, the most prominent of them being Conte
Reports: Doubts surround Vlahovic ahead of the Milan clash.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post